The Bodycon Dress: How To Rock This Daring Dress In Any Event
Bodycon, short for “body-conscious”, is an article of clothing (mainly dresses) that are intended to show off a woman’s curves. Making its first appearance in the 1990’s, the dress has been controversial. Some think the bodycon dress is tacky while others view it as audacious. The enquiry most have is: “How can I flaunt this tight-hugging dress to accentuate my shape?” and “What styles can be paired with this article of clothing?” While you read these tips be sure to know if you have the character, you can always rock the dress.
Flatter Those Curves
Size does not matter when it comes to bodycon. Whether you wear a triple-XL or extra small, you can rock this dress as long the persona is right. Although, if you are shapelier you may want to wear additional appropriate clothing. This will help you look more balanced and seamless.
- Shapewear: A bodysuit or waist clincher can be worn under your dress. This will give you more of an hourglass figure. Make sure it has no tears, buttons, or hooks as those can be very visible. Some shapewears can also be used as underwear. To avoid looking bulky, the less you wear under the bodycon, the better.
- Tank tops: Wearing a thin, spaghetti strapped tank top can be essential. This can level your stomach and lower back.
- Color: Choosing the right color in bodycon matters more than you think. It is always nice to add a pop of color if you prefer. Although, the darker the color, the more faults you can hide. Black, plum, or even navy blue will give you a slimmer look.
Add Layers to Your Bodycon Dress
Bodycon is not the warmest article of clothing so there is no boundary to the outerwear you choose. Keep in mind to make it fashionable and delicate. Here are some options:
- Coats and Jackets: Short denim jackets, faux fur coats, and trench coats will keep you not only stylish but warm as well. Any type of puffer jacket is not recommended as those type of jackets conceal your shape.
- Shawls: If the weather is too hot for a jacket, adding a shawl or wrap will give your outfit attitude. Make it zesty by attaching a bright wrap around your solid color bodycon. Even some sparkles on the shawl will make your outfit fun.
You want your bodycon dress to be the showstopper. Accessories can add taste but try to keep it minimal. You want to avoid bulky chains and weighty watches. Those will only cause distraction from the dress. Read these accessory tips:
- Belts: Not only does it flaunt your waistline but wearing a belt can aid to a dull monotone dress. For example, if you have a tan dress wear a cheetah print belt to make the outfit stand out. Wear a smaller belt if you are less shapely to give you a curvaceous look, and a wider belt if you are shapelier to secrete any bulges you may have.
- Shoes: Heels are essential. This will boost your look and give it a more sophisticated tone. If heels are disagreeable with you, flats can be worn. Remember to pair your bling with your flats so your outfit is balanced.
- Negligees: If the neckline of your dress is extended, pair a longer chain and detectable pendant. For a sleeveless or clipped neckline, try to pair intrepid earrings with the dress. Keep in mind, your silver adds flavor and should not deflect from the dress.
Although there are countless recommendations on how, when, and what to wear these types of dresses for, the best tip is to have the right attitude. Bodycon dresses will be in fashion for years to come because they drive your confidence. So, keep in mind these styling tips and flaunt that sureness the next time you step out in these dresses!